Thursday, January 20, 2011

Arrived in Cairo.



For me the flight over was a breeze. I, unlike my three traveling companions, reclined my seat to the flat bed position and slept nearly the entire way.

Our guide was a bit tardy arriving to pick us up which caused the first bit of anxiety, but after a few minutes Karim arrived and off we went into the afternoon traffic. We arrived at our hotel and got all settled in before setting out for a first glimpse of downtown Cairo.

I had no idea it would be as crowded as it is and with tons of people and cars all over the sidewalks and streets. A zoo. Thursday night here is the start of the weekend and they are all out.

We went to a great restaurant recommended by a friend of a client, Felfela Al Aadin. We had great mezze, stuffed vine leaves, taaim, foul and then on to Kabab and Kofta along with rice and stuffed veggies & artichokes.

After braving the crowds back to the hotel, we are exhausted and ready for a good nights sleep.

More tomorrow after Giza.

1 comment:

  1. so amazing that you are actually there...say hi to the pyramids for me :).

    ReplyDelete